View Single Post
Old 12-24-2022, 11:52 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Thanks for thinking about me Val when you posted the T330-2 Walter Johnson. Something like this just makes the collector in me smile. I figure that at one point someone had the top section, and came across another copy that was all messed up but had a nice bottom. A nice slicing cut on that bottom portion approximating the ragged angle at the bottom of the top section, and presto, you have a practically complete and serviceable example of a big name hall of famer.

Brian
Brian, what you figured is pretty much spot on, except that the two WaJo sections were together when I acquired them at the 1916 Atlantic City National, and there were sections of a couple other T330-2s stuck to the back of the WaJo sections. In hindsight, if I had used a different approach to separating all the sections (e.g., soaking), I might have ended up with a slightly better top section of WaJo. here is what the front of this piece looked like when I got it (I didn't take a scan of the back side when I got it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T330-2 WaJo as bought.jpg (63.6 KB, 51 views)
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.