View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 12:23 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
Jonathan appears to be referring only to your football autograph page which has been signed by another player in addition to Jackie and is comparing it to the single signed page from the Hunt auction that had only Jackie's inscription/signature from a value standpoint.

I'm sure he will clarify his post but this was the way I interpreted it.

Having seen all 4 autographs and the pages involved, I would repair the binding and leave the book intact. The individual cuts will not be that attractive as most would be irregular cuts unless you just leave the individual pages intact and the other inscriptions/signatures detract from Robinson if you do that. The track signature has poor contrast on his last name and would not bring a premium IMO.

It is a piece of history as it is with the other signatures an important part of it.
Randy,

I appreciate that clarification. Once you mention it, I definitely see that that was what Jonathan intended, and I'm sure there is truth to that.

I do think on this one that there is something to the fact that Jackie famously lettered in 4 sports, and this has him signing all 4, so that's an argument for keeping them together.

Agreed on the track autograph as well. It might show a bit better in person, but it's definitely not the best.

Thanks!

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 10-09-2022 at 12:26 PM.