View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:32 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
If so, this should be a little more obvious to anyone purchasing or expecting this service. I was in the same place as the OP last fall, when I heard the postal carrier arrive on a day I knew a card was to be delivered with signature confirmation. He left, no package, but it showed up shortly that it had been signed for. It showed up on my porch a short while later, but it made me very nervous!
A similar thing happened to me in January. I got the email that a package had been signed for without me actually having the package. I chased down the postal worker, who told me that due to COVID they were allowed to sign for it themselves and leave it. The package was in my mailbox. It makes the signature confirmation absolutely pointless. I was not happy about it, but at least I got my card safe and sound. FYI, FedEx does still knock and ask for a signature. I requested that a valuable card to be sent to me using FedEx recently for just this reason. I keep wondering what would have happened if the package was stolen out of my mailbox after showing that it had been signed for and delivered. I doubt that things would have gone my way on any claim to get my money back.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson

Last edited by chadeast; 02-22-2021 at 06:36 PM.