View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default perhaps a little insight into the T206 Wagner genesis

Posted By: tobacco-r-us

Hey Joe October 11 2005, 11:06 AM

<<I am happy to say that I still have the glee, enjoyment and satisfaction whenever I add a needed card to my set.>>

"I can understand that, given you have every reasonably-obtained card in the t205 and t206 set - adding a t206 Plank or Wagner might give you a bit of glee!"
Scott, If we're talking about the current prices, you're absolutely right - BUT!
Back in the mid 1980's, my insanity came out of the closet and started going after the scarcer cards.
Please believe me when I tell you that I'm not a wealthy person, just a little unbalanced and taking a shot is an option.

An example:
The Lipset Doyle error card.
The list of heavy hitters could be found in the Who's Who of card collecting. - I had no business being in that Poker game.
It was the highest reasonably-obtained price paid for a card at that time.
What was I thinking?
The good folks here at Chumley's Rest, always draw a smile when they think about that one.

As for my last need in the T206 set, the Wagner - even a nut knows when to draw a line - BUT!
In the word of a great ball player, [YouNeverKnow]
-----------------------------------

"But I seem to recall seeing you pick up the odd t207 every now and then recently - are you anywhere near completing that set?"
Nope!
I have a long way to go, it's about half done.

Currently, my concentration is on two other sets.

Stay well,
Joe P.