View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 06:43 AM
Steve Asmus

From my limited experience with TPG's this one would have been a 4 in SGC holder and a 3 in PSA. If sent in today it is probably a 3 in a SGC holder and a 2.5 or 3 from PSA. When I send in cards now it is usually a mix of my vintage cards and my son's new shinny cards. I simply read through each of the TPG's published grading standards and submit to each of them accordingly. Their scales do not match exactly, so sometimes I will go with SGC, sometimes PSA and I have even tried CSG recently with cards we are grading strictly for our PC. There are certain vintage cards that I will only send to SGC (Exhibit cards). I have noticed that SGC has gotten much stricter on T206 cards over the last 9 months, especially in the 3-5 grades.
Just my opinion the TPG's each have their place right now, but before submitting to any of them, people really need to take the time to read through the TPG's grading standards and make sure their standards meet your own standards, realizing they all have minute differences, especially in the lower graded cards (2-6), meaning what is a 3 under one company's standards is only ever going to be a 1.5 or 2 with another company.