View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Default Wagner HBO Real Sports...what do you think?

Posted By: Larry

As stated before, what really bugs me is that someone actually tested the back of the card which is probably real and did not test the front but they had many real T206's to compare it to.

They could have easily done conclusive testing using a spectrophotometer to measure the color and light waves of the front and back of this card and a genuine T206 and compared it..The T206 Wagner "fake" has a different reflection that a genuine T206, the light will be reflected at a different angle as is done in our industry using paint chips, which will show a distinctive wave and light variation pattern. I have analyzed old paint samples vs. new paint samples on customer failures in my real job and we have concluded if the color and sheen of paint was used matches our samples" and in the same way, this method can be used.

The last comment about a pre war reprint is so ridiculous and that someone would have the capabilities to reprint a card that was worth $2 or less pre war is the absolute stupidity...

No doubt, if we use a 30x microscope at the sides on the card, there will be evidence as Mr. Sloate stated that the card was a fake, had a rebacked original and the front was aged or oxidized using coffee, stain, heat or some method to proiduce the effect of aging to mask the gloss...

In the 1970's, there was a classic card reprint book that featured nice quality reprints of historical cards and there was a Wagner in that book, I bet that card's front came from that book...