View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Banned

To me, this is a case of someone getting their hands on a joe jackson signature, selling it and getting some press for it, and then thinking they are some sort of a joe jackson expert.

Darvick sold that first jackson signature at his own auction in very early 90's and leland's bought it. lelands flipped it almost instantly, ironically to the underbidder that lost out. the guy must have had second thoughts and really wanted it and made a trade with leland's and ended up with the jackson signature.

darvick must have then thought he is a jackson autograph expert now and a couple years later, authenticated this miracle.

I think he got cocky and someone brought a supposed jackson signature to the guy who first authenticated and sold jackson's sig believing he must be the go to guy on jackson and how could darvick say "no, i am not a jackson expert".

Of course he had to say yes to keep his jackson reputation intact, plus i believe that he believed he was a jackson expert to boot and that is courting and tempting fate and a recipe for a potential disaster.

remember, no one saw jackson sign it or not sign it and its people;s opinion.

but i find it interesting that the guy who used to be on staff at psa and is currently on staff at jsa is the second historical authenticator behind reznikoff, who is on staff at both, to go out of their specialty (pacino for reznikoff, and joe jackson for darvick) and authenticate something on the pawn stars show that people believe to be non-authentic. The pacino we know for a fact wasnt a pacino.

only to have psa itself call that jackson no good.

there are thousands of psa certs out there with darvicks name on the bottom and reznikoffs too. so are these guys good at what they do, or not?

everyone knows my answer to that.

Last edited by travrosty; 08-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.