View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 01:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Ali did fight Tyson...or a better version of Tyson. His name was Joe Frazier. The main difference I see between the two is mental. Tyson was a head case, especially after Cus D'Amato died and the women started doing a number on him. Ali would have gotten soooo far into his psyche. Also, Ali was lightning fast in his prime. When Frazier got him, Ali had lost a step, yet it was still very close. Tyson got inside of immobile fighters. He never faced anything like Ali's speed and movement. Plus, I have to question Tyson's capacity to cope with adversity. After all, he did get so frustrated with Holyfield that he decided to go Hannibal the Cannibal on him. I think Ali would have cut him to pieces and driven him nuts at the same time. tyson cannot cut off the ring and close on a fighter he can't catch. My only question is which ear of Ali's he'd have bitten off.

As far as Holyfield and Louis go, well, they did beat Tyson. So did Buster Douglas, and that was pre-prison.

In terms of cards, I honestly do not understand why Tyson is as popular as he is, but I am not complaining. I still have a few tough, early Tyson cards to slab and sell off.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-15-2022 at 01:38 PM.