View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 05:25 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

First I want to say that this isn’t my card as I own the PSA 3 and highest grade out there.

I have no problem owning another because the demand for this card is extremely high. I have owned 3-4 sets in the last 5+ years and have handled 1 card which I own. I made this set years ago with both Miners and HLC backs and still in PSA registry.

There only seems to be a few of you that really seem to understand the true rarity of this set. I had kept it quiet and only told very few people about the card as I tried to obtain another. I saw David had one of these as he posted a few years ago and I tried to obtain. But he is basing on my knowledge of the card and my findings to hype more

Another fact that I will share is when the person broke up the #1 PSA set the only card he was missing was the Brown and he was willing to pay close to 5 figures for it then to me. I passed.

My info was based on what I had learned having handled 100+ of the T227 cards.

Scott is another person that can attest this card is never found that has handled many of these as well. He is active in the Nonsports world and the sports world and has handled 100+ of these. Only one has come up in auction in Heritage years ago and the other on eBay which are encapsulated now.

This has been the only card anyone has needed to complete their t227 sets. That’s because there are a couple more Rodgers out there that are raw or in Sgc holders and converted (IE mine used to be in an Sgc holder).

This card is one of the toughest Shortprints in the 20th century just like the 1935 Schutter Johnson Weightlifter, Lindstrom in the US Caramel and McKinley in US Caramel.

And the fact that it is part of the best art worked set in the early 20th that houses an in demand baseball set with Cobb, boxing set with Johnson and that Brown is a Pioneer in the racing world that died tragically when the set was made makes it that more elusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk