View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 09:37 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
My opinion is that Cracker Jacks are one of the most beautiful sets ever made, I also think they're undervalued. If you're going for a set on a budget 15CJ is the way to go, I'm not sure what the cost difference is but I would imagine double if you're going for the 14CJ. 3's are great since you can find more at an affordable price. I collect 14's but have a limited list of about 15 cards for my collection so it works out well. Unless you have unlimited resources when collecting Cracker Jacks I find it easier to take a Buddhist approach and let the cards come to me, and they do, at the right pace where I have the funds to buy them and in the right condition. You can't force collecting, it never works out well, those cards will come to you when they're ready.

Case in point I've been searching for a certain E98 for almost a year now, there's very few examples and everything available was trimmed, so I just accepted that and kept my eyes open knowing if it was meant to be that card would appear. And just tonight as I was researching Gehrig Exhibits a random vintage card website popped up in my search, I clicked on it out of curiosity and there was the card. No Ebay, no auction house, just me, the seller, and that card. Emailed the seller with an offer in my budget range, he emailed back and accepted within 10 minutes and it was done. Just like that. So now I get to change my signature line from 109/120 to 110/120. Fun stuff.

Good luck in the hunt!
-
Fantastic post! And so spot on...

Patience is a virtue!