View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 03:32 PM
Steve Peissig

I thought I'd post some pics of fake and real Mexican cards to help anyone from future mistakes.
The first pic of cards are fake, the top ones are like the Dihigo we are talking about in this thread and the bottom are fakes that were sold by the same seller on eBay claiming them to be 1950's issued cards.
Unfortunately for the person that made these used a photo of Minnie Minoso from the '80's.
IMG_0001.jpg

The following pics are real cards from 1945, I have been lucky and fortunate enough to find the album along with many cards to the set though this set is one of the rarest foreign issues around, with maybe 3-4 copies known for each card or less.
IMG.jpg

And here is an album I had up till last year when I traded it away minus the Bill Wright, some of you have seen some of the cards like the Dihigo and Dandy but most have never seen the album. Here they are still pasted in the album like when I bought them, and yes these are real Mexican cards, they are called Arte Y Deportes and they are from 1951 and not 1947-48 like some of us thought.
mex album 1.jpg
mex album 23.jpg

Last edited by mannybb24; 04-07-2021 at 03:33 PM.