View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default That’s me

I’ve been doing a “playing years “ HOF collection for years.
I finished it a few years ago.
I too had some exclusions:
Primarily post 1900 career (although I do have a few older 19th century HOF cards)
Primarily HOF players who were voted in as players not managers or pioneers or executives . I would take managers if they came along.
Excluding Negro League players at the time, As I simply had little knowledge or opportunity to acquire those. I want to add some, but I still have that same lack of knowledge.

I also expanded rapidly. One of each player wasn’t that hard back in the days I started. So I wanted as many HOFers in as many unique sets as possible and merged a type card collection into a HOF type card collection.

And then I started collecting just the HOFers in many different sets. But that changed too...and I added more sets of course, needing the commons.

Additionally, I have not officially added all of the newer HOF players since those are already accounted for in my complete Topps “monopoly years” run. Anything for 1981- present I probably have too, but haven’t really counted to see.

I should count the number again. For many of the older HOFers I have 6-10 different cards.
A few are obviously tougher but I’m pretty certain that I have more than one of everyone.

Fun topic, I’d love to hear more!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.