Thread: Lajoie Rookie?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 03:05 PM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I don’t believe the hobby recognizes supplements (among other things) as “cards”. What constitute a rookie is an entirely different debate (and one worth having), but I think most recognize true cards, post cards, and cabinets as “rookie” worthy. I am not sure composites, pictures/photos, supplements qualify. One conundrum is the team PC- which is Ruth’s Rookie?
One way of looking at it, but I disagree in regards to the M101-1 “supplements”, these were a “set” with playing biographies on the back, not just an endless string of photos. Sure is closer to a Goudey “card” and the cards that followed up through modern times than an exhibit would be...like the Gehrig. That seems like more of a photo than a card to me. These Just happened to be on paper stock instead of cardboard. But I certainly acknowledge the “cardboard” aspect.

I think the M101-1s and Natl Copper Plates are awesome. Is there another set with biographies until the CJs and then Goudey’s? A real document of the times.

I would add that I think they are quite rare, but are hurt more by PSA not grading them then by what they are made of.

Last edited by puckpaul; 04-04-2021 at 03:24 PM.