View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
These seats were pulled by my Dad from Dodger Stadium after the original construction in 1962. I had 20 at 1 time that were preserved under my grandmothers house until 2008. We had 8 in the backyard growing up that were painted a multitude of colors over the years.

When I wanted to redo a pair for my office, I wanted them as close to the way I remembered them as a child going with my grandfather. We sat Field Box Aisle 16 Row D Seat 7 & 8 every Sunday afternoon. I researched colors and repainted the rails as close to the original color that I pulled from the crawl space. They were in pretty good condition, but I wanted them re-done.

Hope that helps and wishing you a happy restoration whichever you choose.
That’s amazing. Such a nice restoration. Do you remember the name or paint number you used for the grey?
Do you recall if the 1975 remodel had the arm rests painted grey? Mine have yellow splashed on so wasn’t sure if they planted yellow over the grey and over time it wore off.

I live the homage to your dad. My dad took us to many games in the 80s and we always sat in field sections because they were company tickets.
Years later he admitted to me that he hates baseball but only went because my brother and I enjoyed going 😂