View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 07:09 AM

Default 1953 St. Louis Browns season pass- Bobo Holloman no-hitter

Many thanks to net54's David Shakir for finding this 1953 St. Louis Browns season pass for me.

In addition to this being the final year of the St. Louis Browns organization before their move to Baltimore, this also was the year that Bobo Holloman pitched a no-hitter in his 1st ML start.

Bobo Holloman's no-hitter IMHO ranks as the most unlikely to ever have been pitched. Holloman won only 3 games in 1953 before being assigned to Toronto, never to return to the ML.

Only a miserly 2,473 fans attended this game due to nasty weather.
The weather was actually so bad that Bill Veeck, master promoter and owner of the Brownie's, offered to let the fans that braved the weather to attend any other 1953 Browns game for free.
I suspect that in order to attend this bonus game, that a fan would have had to surrender their ticket to Holloman's no-hitter on May 6th as proof that they were actually there.

In any case, Holloman's no-hitter ticket has been ever-elusive in my quest to find every no-hit ticket post WWII.
This pass in of itself is rare, and will provide a nice placeholder in my no-hit ticket collection until I can find an actual ticket to this game.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-23-2021 at 08:18 AM.