View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Things moving now. Just got off phone with Jackie Curiel at PSA after getting an email from her. She has issued a pre-paid Fedex label to send the card in for a management review.

We talked about the process and what happens if they deem the card altered and my options after. She said they would figure out a fair market price based on the data tool on the PSA website.

I asked for management to come up with a market price in writing so we're on the same page before I send in the card. This is where my ebay offers and third party offers come into play. She's going to get that figure and circle back with me on Monday. No way I'm sending this card in before fair value is established. stay tuned...

edited to add: Has anyone gone through this process? What should I be thinking about?
I think getting a number in writing before shipping it off makes sense. As we saw in the reprint CJ in a PSA slab earlier this year, once you ship it off you no longer have much or any control of the situation and it's best to do the negotiations beforehand (and in writing).
And not that this would necessarily impact your decision process, but I do wonder what they would do with the card if returned to them and a refund is issued...