View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:26 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Pat

I appreciate your response to this subject.

The Elite 11 which you noted with plate scratches, are these scratches only on their PIEDMONT 150 cards, or also on the PIEDMONT 350 versions ?

Normally, I would not draw any connection between 150/350 Series cards and 350 Series cards.....such as the Elite 11 group and the Joe Doyle
card, respectively.

I find it hard, though, to dismiss the repeated coincidences regarding the source between the Elite 11 group and the Joe Doyle N. Y. Nat'L cards.
The sources of the Elite 11 subjects are from original finds strictly in the greater Atlanta area.

Four documented original finds of the Elite 11 cards have been identified as emanating from Atlanta area. And at least two original finds (perhaps
more) of the Joe Doyle Nat'L card are also identified from the Atlanta area.

Furthermore, the average of the numbers in the pop reports indicate that the Elite 11 subjects (PIEDMONT 350) and the Joe Doyle N. Y. Nat'L (10-
cards) are quite comparable. I cannot believe this is just due to mere coincidence.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists

Ted

The plate scratches are on the Piedmont 150 only I haven't found any of the scratches that have continued over to the Piedmont 350's.

Ganley and Shaw are on the left side of sheet 1A with Konetchy in between them

0 Sheet 1A.jpg

Dahlen is on sheet 2b

0 Sheet 2B.jpg

Karger, Lindaman, Mullin, and Schaefer are on sheet 3 with Lindaman in the right of center Mullin, Schaefer, and Karger are on the right end with Tannehill
in between Mullin and Schaefer

0 Sheet 3.jpg

There are no confirmed scratches for Ewing, Jones, Lundgren or spencer.

also the fact that Joe Doyle was printed with a Sovereign 350 apple green back suggests to me that he was initially intended to be a 350/460 subject
and the printing of any of his cards including the NAT"L wouldn't have began until long after the piedmont 350's were printed on the elite 11.