View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Kenny Cole

Default My thoughts on these stupid grading posts

OK. Here's my rant. This post will likely get me flamed, but I just don't care. I thought this forum was about CARDS. However, in order to read about cards, I now get to wade through volumes of crap about how so and so was slighted in the grading arena. Post after post.

I don't care. If you decided to submit a card for grading and it didn't get what you wanted, talk to the graders. If you were stupid enough to re-submit multiple cards to a different grader in hopes of a better grade and suffered disappointment, that's on you. Would you be bitching if you got your card bumped up? Don't think so. Don't waste my time talking about how bad the decision you made turned out to be because I don't care.

I have submitted cards to be graded. I have often not agreed with the grade I received. I don't think I have ever once come on this board and cried about it, because that is not, and should not, be what this board is about. IMO, if someone has a problem with SGC or PSA, take it up with them. Don't waste everyone elses' time with a thread that spawns 40+ responses with regard to an issue that is always subjective and can therefore never be resolved.

IMO, this board is, or at least should be, about cards, not grades. It is, or should be, about sharing knowledge and helping folkis out. It is, or should be, about celebrating the fact that the folks here are weird enough to cherish little pieces of cardboard that have an intrinsic value to a small segment of the population.

Its great if you submit a card and it gets an 8, but I could care less if you thought it should get an 8 and it only got a 6. Let's talk about cards, not grades. That's my thought.

Last edited by Kenny Cole; 05-21-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: edited F bomb only