View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Default Do you contribute or lurk on the CU Message Board as well?

Posted By: DJ

Okay, I'm not a "PSA" person. I have only lurked a few times on the "CU" board and actually found the experience nauseating to be honest with you. It's not my thing.

The thing I enjoy about this Forum is it's structure, it's unbiased opinions, the fact that there are threads about 1989 Score Football and 1976 Topps Baseball in the "Vintage Section" and the very intelligent core that make up the Forum. There is no senseless banter (well very limited and amusing) and no moronic graphics by our id's that flash. I also hate the "if you say anything bad about PSA, you will be banned" philosphy which comes with Big Brother owning the site.

I.E: LOL....The SGC registry is a joke and if some retard is willing to crossover a decent collection to SGC they are committing investment suicide, have you seen the ending prices on SGC and GAI graded cards? Not to mention the shear expense of crossing over the cards?

What follows is a 'PSA is great, everyone else sucks' mantra.

I would like to know how many of you VBC Forum contributors also contribute or lurk on that CU site? Just curious.

On another note...Well, it looks like Adam finally got his T206 Red Ty Cobb. Not a PSA 2 or 3, but a 1 according to the Collectors Universe Message Board. He used the word "AWESOME" to describe the card. Be prepared for that call in twenty years Mr. Lifson!

DJ