Thread: eBay vault
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 04:36 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Hi Bob,

Good points, as usual. I am waiting for them to announce an acquisition of CCG, parent co to CSG, NGC, CGC and others. Now that eBay has a vault and are using CSG to authenticate ungraded cards, I figured it would only be a matter of time before they take grading in house and make themselves a one stop shop for multiple collectibles to really attempt to put pressure on the PSA/Goldin.

Chase
That's what I'm starting to believe also Chase. They're thinking like the major sports leagues, and their players, who bought into Fanatics, and then turned around and basically gave themselves the exclusive sports card production rights going forward. And they used that move to then go after and acquire Topps for about half what their cancelled IPO was supposed to be worth. Fanatics is looking to vertically expand their footprint and presence in the primary sports card market, while Ebay may be looking for vertical expansion more in the secondary market. Don't think we've seen all the moves by either of them yet.