Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

The actual grades are as follows...

Leach 84 (7) NM
Parent 80 (6) EXMT
Odwell 50 (4) VGEX
Chance 80 (6) EXMT
Sparks 70 (5.5) EX+
Lange 92 (8.5) NMMT+

I figured the Chance would get the worst grade of the bunch (I had anticipated about an 80 or so on it due to the centering. The Sparks card doesn't have a stain on it, that is my scanner or something. The other cards all seemed to me to be in about the same condition. Amazing that they would range from a 50 to a 92. I challenge anybody to find a difference between the Odwell and the Lange.

I am not posting this to just complain, it doesn't really matter to me, I am working on this set and will not be selling any of these, unless I can pick up a nicer one, which seems impossible to me. I just can't believe people throw all of their trust in these companies that can be so totally off. Maybe I am not a big enough dealer, I am adding a scan of a card that got a 7.5 (86) from SGC, which was submitted from a larger dealer, in a huge group of cards. While I believe it deserves the grade, it just doesn't compare to 5 out of the 6 cards I showed earlier. I just don't know what to make of all of it, I feel that if a grading company doesn't understand a set then they shouldn't be providing their "expertise" to grade them. Oh well,
-Rhett