View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 08:10 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I remember when REA used to have big increments, like $100 increments between $500 - $999. On a $500 item, I might be willing to go to $525 or $550, but not $600, so there were times an item may have sold for less than it should have. Now there are $25 increments at that price level, so I certainly think it encourages more bidding and higher prices.
Any reasonable logic in my mind says +1 on this.

The smaller increments encourages additional bids due to every piece of marketing knowledge since the beginning of written time. Under no premise can I believe that the current bid price would be that much higher at this second with a higher percentage. People pay what it is worth to them, no one without a possible diagnosis of a mental disorder has an obligation to bid more money just to satiate an obsession to bid. I would say that you are completely eliminating more bidders with an obscene bid jump from the pool prior to extended bidding far more than improving end value for consigned items.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 04-04-2022 at 08:11 AM.