View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 03:33 PM

Default A Message from Huggins & Scott Co-Founder John Scott

We are deeply saddened to announce the passing of hobby titan and auction pioneer Bill Huggins. Proud patriarch of our H&S family, Bill got his start in the late 1970s as owner of the Maryland-based House of Cards baseball-card store—which remains in operation today after nearly a half-century. Bill and I co-founded Huggins & Scott Auctions back in 2002, more than 100 auction catalogs ago. Anyone who has ever known Bill will agree with me that he was a loyal friend, devoted family man, savvy entrepreneur and widely respected expert in all fields of cards and memorabilia. He is survived by his beloved wife Nancy Huggins, his children Allison Gannett (Tim Gannett) and Ricky Huggins (Saira Huggins), and his two grandchildren George and Nora.

Despite this monumental loss, it will be business as usual for Huggins & Scott Auctions, with Bill’s long-time right-hand man Ron Oser stepping in as H&S President and Consignment Director, and with H&S Director of Operations Matt Flores continuing to run point on everything we do. So on behalf of myself, Ron, Matt and the entire auction staff, we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your past business and all of your well-wishing upon this sad news. Huggins & Scott’s commitment to the hobby and to the H&S community is unwavering, and we look forward to carrying on Bill’s looming legacy with our trademark quality of auction services.

IN LOVING MEMORY
John J. Scott

Last edited by hugginsandscott; 02-14-2023 at 03:36 PM.