View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The issues specified above are why I collect vg to midgrade postwar mainstream cards--no need to worry about nonsense like this.

I've played the bump game and the raw submittal game in the past quite profitably. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't see evidence of some grand conspiracy. Frankly, the idea is far-fetched. Think about what is being suggested: that a highly organized criminal conspiracy exists to make money in relatively small sums at the risk of the TPG employees' jobs. Does PSA really put its graders in such desperate straits that they have to take bribes? And if it is PSA corporate that is alleged to be part of the scam, does it really make sense that the officers of a $100 million public company are conspiring with an Ebay seller?

If you think high-grade [allegedly] postwar card submissions are a crooked endeavor, the answer is simple, of course: don't participate. Buiy cards that are objectively difficult to find in any grade, not cards made rare/desirable only by way of some inherently suspect, subjective decision.

If you think Probstein or any other seller is crooked, don't buy from him.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...