View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBall View Post
Hi all,

Leon: it's good to be remembered!

I remember that several years ago a large postcard collection emerged that sold in a big postcard auction. It had several St. Louis RPPCs from Block, including this one.

They made a couple of team cards with different captions (not the 2 we all are used to seeing) and a couple of single player cards that one never sees.

Pretty sure this card was in that auction!

In fact, I went in with 2 other collectors and bought several lots. We kept some and sold some. I actually kept one of the obscure St Louis team cards but wound up trading it together with others for an obscure Honus Wagner RPPC.

Had I seen this card on your table I would have purchased it...!

Robert

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for chiming in, Robert. Yes, you are remembered and always in a good light. Can't wait for the next National to see everyone again. Hoping to go to my least favorite venue again ...and I know others love AC...but whatever

So the fact this was being auctioned with many other Block Bros. postcards means it is not handwritten letters on the postcard. They looked printed on to me but I was unsure. Very cool. I would love to see any other single player cards out there, if any members have one. Our community is fairly large...

So the question remains whether or not the autograph is legit? I have no clue but here is a 400dpi scan of it. It looks written over or something.....

Last edited by Leon; 10-21-2021 at 09:22 AM.