View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 03:33 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
yep, I sold that one to you last year right at the start of COVID, if you can believe that. It feels like it was many, many years ago.

I have it listed as 1928 Block Brothers "The World's Greatest Hitter" Postcard but I had never seen another. It was in a lot of other period postcards I had purchased earlier in 2020. I believe I sold it on the Net54 BST with a whole bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, love that PC. I remember Prizner being pissed that he didn't get to me before you did...which means you probably underpaid
Hi Derek,
It is a neat postcard. I am wondering why you dated it to 1928--because of the team postcard? Seems an odd time to issue a tribute or contemporary postcard for Rajah, since he had been gone after 1926. Just curious.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.