View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 04:27 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G View Post
Got it! This will be a great story to share when I have visitors to my card room. Thank you, Mike!

You kow Michael Jordan was not the only future NBA star to get cut form his high school team. Twyman was cut three times. He went on to play 11 years in the NBA. He was a six time all-star and averaged 19.2 points per game. After playing, he had a long career as an announcer with Chris Schenkel

He was even a better human being, though. His friend and teammate, Maurice Stokes suffered a head injury that left him paralysed. At 23 years old, Jackie T became Stokes' legal guardian and supported him he rest of his life.

Back to Mike's question of how did I obtain the signature. I kept pretty good records of when I mailed the cards out and when I received them. I'll be danged if I can find them right now!

When I started TTM autographs as a kid, I always requested that they sign, "To Jerry". Many did, like Joe DiMaggio, Hank Greenberg and Stan Muisial. Most didn't, like Jimmy Foxx and Dizzy Dean. As years went by, I started thinking about passing them on. Chances are they wouldn't go to someone named Jerry. So, I stopped requesting the personalization. The best I can deduce is that this card was sent and returned around 2008. I did not request, "To Jerry", but I am quite OK with the result.

Mike, you are one Hell of a collector and a fine gentleman. Thanks, again.
Very welcome Jerry! It's back home!

Peace, Mike