View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 06:56 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Gary, Congratulations on completing the set. It really is a great set that flies under and doesn't get the credit it deserves. 13 of the 18 cards are HOFers. Other than Ruth and Gehrig, the prices also are generally reasonable. For those liking a challenge, it can also be fun to search out the different Ad backs and name/stock variations.

I've been following the set off and on for the past 10 years or so. I'm currently 1 card away due to being lazy and constantly putting it off (anyone got a Fonseca, preferable with a red ad back?). Since I started following the set I could have put it together at least 3 or 4 times. LOTG sold a set with multiple variations back in 2016 and I know there are a couple other board members who have completed the set.

The odd thing about this set is you will find they tend to come up for sale in groups. You won't find any available for months (other than overpriced Ebay), then all of a sudden you'll find 10-20 pop up. From my experience, Hoyt seems to be the hardest to find for some reason which matches your graded card count.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers