View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:34 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hey Mike:

Thanks for the reply and link to Keyman.

Keyman says:

In 1965, Manny's issued additional pictures that measure 9x11. The larger pictures featured new players, and some like Mickey Mantle, with a different pose.

However my photo measures the "normal' 8x10 not the 9x11 they note the 1965 Mantle is.

Does yours measure 8x10 or 9x11?

And another PSA anomaly, one of many that do not make sense to me, why is the 1961 Manny's on the checklist for the Mantle master set and not the 1965 Mantle from Manny's??
Fred, mine is 8x10 also. I looked at several Manny's ads from the 60s and never saw any mention of 9x11 photos for sale. Not sure where KeyMan got the larger dimensions. I do know that he says the Mantle/Maris combined photo is 11x14. That is incorrect. It's 11x17. Mine is 11x17 and a few of the ads I looked at indicate it is 11x17. KeyMan stating it is 11x14 could easily be a typo (hitting the 4 instead of the 7 above it). I'm not so sure the 9x11 claim can be so easily dismissed.

As to the PSA question, it's probably because nobody has requested it be added or it was requested to be added but PSA declined because of insufficient information.