View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Calling a set that most card shops didn't order and was never available at retail a "national" distribution is a stretch. Michael Jordan's RC is universally recognized as the 1986 Fleer and not the Star issues that had similar distribution problems and were the only NBA license at the time.

1986 Topps Traded was the first set of its kind to have any type of wide spread distribution. That would be differentiating point to me. Sets that are restricted from the collecting public intentionally by manufacturers don't meet the RC definition. A RC should be widely available to the hobby, not just to a select few.
It won't come as any surprise that I view the 101 as Jordan's true rookie.

I'll go with first officially licensed card in a major league set. I think that works across the board for me but maybe there are exceptions. Qualities such as "readily available" are too subjective for me.

How do you feel btw about cards in Topps Tiffany and Fleer Glossy sets? Those were intentionally restricted, yes?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-17-2021 at 05:53 PM.