Thread: Exhibit Machine
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

When I was a kid back in the late 70's there was an arcade in Seaside Park, NJ that had exhibit card machines. They were no longer popular and were pushed in a hallway, past the bathrooms by an emergency exit. I think there were 3 or 4 of them, 2 were baseball, one was other sports and the 4th was actors, cowboys and pinups. I can't tell you how many of those old cards I bought, I thought they were the neatest thing as a kid. Ralph Branca, Jackie Robinson... they were in mint condition coming right out of those old machines! Some how they all got misplaced, thrown away or my little brother sold them behind my back. I went back to that old arcade when I was in college and the machines were gone.

Now the thing is, I remember them being pretty big, almost like a soda machine. The front had a large panel where a poster size display of cards were shown. So far I haven't seen a big one to match what I remember, does anyone have a picture of a large exhibit machine? Can't remember if they were of wood or metal.