View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:25 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

The info on Harry seems part right. I always understood that he was from Cincinnati, and Grandma McClain was born Annabelle Austin. But he did die in Ontario, California. I have never heard of anyone coming from Iowa. My mom was born in Cincinnati, where my grandparents were married, but I honestly don't know where my grand mother was born. I know Harry and Annabelle had three daughters, Clyde, my grandmother (grandpa Harry wanted a boy, named her Clyde), Josephine, and Inez. I don't have any birth records on them, I just assumed from all the family talk that they where from Cincinnati. Harry's cousin was Edward McClean (same name, different spelling, even Harry spelled it McClean sometimes). I also saw another Harry McClain in the 1895 Kansas census, in Jewell, but he was only 7yrs. old. This is why it is so hard to track, but I know Grandpa was in Jewell in 1896, the photo of just the three was taken at a studio in Jewell. The person that picked up the photo was named Maggie McClain, and it says "aunt". That's written on the back. Great info, though, and I will definitely contact the lady on your link! Thanks so much for all your help, I know a lot more, and can make some guesses now.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com