View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 01:38 PM
Curt

The whole scene seems to have changed dramatically since Covid awakened all the long sleeping "collectors". That, the increased pricing spikes on just about everything and the cost and increasing issues with mail (theft, poor packaging, rising costs, sellers refusing to combine shipping, etc) are leaving very little to be desired about collecting anywhere but in person at shops or shows, if you even have that in your general vicinity. many do not anymore.

I thought facebook might offer some additional spots to discuss cards in addition to the couple card-related sites like these I frequent, but I don't think I can take any more comp, bro, y'all, raw, slab, rainbow, my guy, tuxedo and a variety of other catch phrases that everyone seems to use and love now, none of which I will ever accept or use.

Someone posted on one of the facebook sites today asking what a Score Bo Jackson was worth, as he had just "pulled" one from what looked like a set, the one with the B&W shoulder pad image. How is anyone paying $10 for that Score base card. On a positive note, it's nice to see people coveting a card that isn't extremely valuable, but it also appears that popularity is driving the price of this card into a range that is unreasonable, given the quantity that must be out there in the market.