View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 01:33 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Or maybe the takeaway here is not to prejudge?

This thread and the last one are shocking. We all agree that the theft of the statue is a bad thing, right? So what the hell are we doing? The fact that the theft was just a theft should be a relief, not an excuse to go at each other again. A big reason why this country is tearing itself apart is that on social media everyone is a tough guy and no one can turn the other cheek, be a good winner, or a gracious loser anymore. Instead, we go after each other over and over again as viciously as possible over everything and anything, in ways that we never would do in person, and in the process create permanent visceral enemies, for no good reason, just having the last word. It's childish and destructive and I wish it was not a part of this board.
Couldn't agree more.

The only thing I would add is that we're all very willing to extend grace, forgiveness, and understanding to people we agree with, yet when it comes to people we disagree with, that all goes out the window.

My personal goal is to extend that same level grace, forgiveness, and understanding to people (and politicians) that I disagree with.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel