View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Like the contests you run, this will be fun to watch unfold.

I'm sure I'd be frustrated with the restrictions in my own collecting, as I am a visual collector. For example, Ryan has some really great cards, but if he was representing only one spot in his entire career, I'd want that to be 1980. 1971 and 1974 are nice runner-ups. Juan Marichal HAS to have the 74 Topps spot for me, although that horizontal 74 Seaver card is awesome (but Seaver's 77 is iconic to me too). Too many choices, not enough years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustomania View Post
Maybe once through he can add a second card for fun

Then a third…..

Fourth……

Too many great cards, awesome project, will be fun to watch

Chad
I hear you both, loud and clear! There will be some tough decisions, for sure. Love the ‘74 Marichal…but why did Topps have wait till his very last card to showcase that legendary kick?

The ‘80 Ryan ticks all the right boxes, but given my self-imposed constraints, it just wouldn’t be possible. Hard to believe that he isn’t even halfway through his Topps cards at that point, though!

Who knows, I may very well go back and add multiple years at some point, but my collector DNA may have an issue with that. haha As mentioned, I marvel at the synchronicity of it all, and that was the catalyst for even going down this road.

Hope to have a couple more to share by year’s end!

Last edited by cjedmonton; 11-20-2021 at 01:52 PM.