View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:11 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Yo View Post
I just watched a video on this the other day. I think the biggest takeaways is cover all your bases, take pictures of everything and send it with a signature required confirmation. I hope the seller is in the U.S!

https://youtu.be/6hlDkbzObNQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the video. It really isn't relevant to my situation, since it speaks to the buyer getting scammed, not the seller, and isn't recent enough to cover the eBay managed payments situations that may arise these days. Can you imagine a seller shipping an item to themselves and thinking they are going to fool eBay that way? Just a silly scam.

By the way, the buyer does live in the U.S., but I don't think pictures would be helpful since they don't necessarily portray the truth. For example, I could package my card, buy a tracking label, affix the label to the package, push it halfway through the Postal drop-box, and take pictures of every step of the process. But if I pull the package out and keep the contents, what do the pictures really prove? For that matter, even a signature for the delivery doesn't prove receipt of the item purchased; it only proves that the box got there.

Last edited by robw1959; 02-12-2021 at 07:19 PM.