View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 06:48 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Default Big Ticket Card: eBay Seller Advice

The good news is that this Wednesday, 2/10/21, I sold my W516-2-2 Ruth (Pitching Version) card on eBay. The buyer hit the Buy-It-Now option and paid me $2595 for the card. Through eBay's managed payments, the net proceeds are now in my back account.

The bad news is that the buyer has an eBay rating of exactly 1, and has only been a member of the eBay community since last summer. I know we all have to start somewhere, but buying my vintage Ruth strip card seems a bit too ambitious on his part, I think. Moreover, being suspicious of his intentions, I messaged him to call me so I can vet him in a casual phone conversation. So the guy replied on Thursday that he would, but he didn't call. Now Friday is winding down, and again he hasn't called.

This only adds to my suspicion, but as I'm thinking it over, what can eBay really do to me at this point, now that the money is safely in my account? If I ship the card and the buyer files a bogus complaint like, "I received an empty box," they can then place a hold on my future earnings, I suppose, but I don't think they can draw money out of my bank account via PayPal because the money never passed through my PayPal account during the banking transaction in the first place. Or can they? Maybe I'm missing something? At this point, I'm leaning toward shipping the card via USPS registered mail over the weekend, but something told me to seek some advice here first.

Does anyone have any recent experience relevant to my situation that they could share here? Thanks.

Last edited by robw1959; 02-12-2021 at 06:51 PM.