View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
For people who don't like too much verbiage in auction catalogs, many sure like seeing their own (boringly repetitive) verbiage on the screen.

Question: WHat is more annoying: lengthy auction item descriptions, or people complaining about the same thing over and over and over again?
Well put.

I could care less how long or flowery they are.

If you don't like the description, don't read it. I don't mind them, they make for good bathroom reading when I don't feel like grabbing War and Peace for a five minute trip. I am sure that some of the write ups have contributed to the bottom line at least a couple times, when someone that was not as familiar with the item as others, got swayed by the description.

Has anyone ever not bid on something because the description was long or flowery? I doubt it. Has one ever added just one more bid increase? I am willing to put money on it.

Anyone that has to deal with sales people (I am not one, but deal with them all the time), know that there is going to be some BS involved, it is just part of the deal.

That is just one man's opinion, and that man is Bob!
Take care
Bob

I don't feel like down loading the spell check, so feel free to knock a feller for growing up in the public school system and relying on Outlook to fix my work mistakes. Now go eat at Popeyes, chicken that makes you feel good about things!