View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 04:36 PM
pete ullman

As a Kid I had a HOF binder...where I had all of my HOF'ers grouped by player in chronological order...and I had a NY Yankees binder for only yankees. Sold my collection to replace a totalled car in high school.

When I got back into the hobby in the early 90's I focused on rare backed t206's and started type collecting. I basically wanted to do what Leon almost did...I was motivated by the Sport Americana Price guide that had color pics of types in the center from the halper collection.

After 10-15 years of this...completed an e94 set, an e90-2 set and a n43 set but set collecting really isnt my thing. For similar reasons I tired of type collecting...spending lots of money on common players because the set is super tough...and common players within sets wasn't satisfying.

I sold most of my rare types and I'm mainly collecting babe ruth and ty cobb in the vintage realm...and some other top tier HOF'ers. Also trying to add to my dots miller run...which satisfies the type collector in me.

And I restarted a yankees binder...and a HOF binder which comprises most of my buying these days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (75.1 KB, 453 views)