View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:30 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

I know that it low dollar compared to most of what previous posters have been discussing, but for a percentage gain, you should check out junk era unopened. Boxes like 1987 Topps, which for the longest time has been a $10 box, is selling quickly at $40. 1987 Donruss boxes, which were $25 boxes forever, are briskly selling in the $55-75 range. 1983 Topps, while not the junk range, is still more modern than this particular forum's focus. Boxes of 1983 Topps could easily be had for $250 at the National last summer. Right now, BBCE wrapped boxes are $750-1000. FASC even more. A lot of it is ridiculous, as the supply has not fundamentally changed and the desirability of these boxes has also not fundamentally changed. But I agree with a previous poster that the Corona checks, coupled with boredom, coupled with a lack of other avenues to spend "play money" like sporting events, movies, eating out, etc. has caused a momentary spike in prices. I think they come down in the next 3 months. Not back down to pre-Corona levels, but back down significantly.
kevin