View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 02:19 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

A female nose tackle is the last thing I would want to see!!

I played baseball through college (Big East)...this was through the early 1990's, so we are talking 25 years ago. I played with and against guys who excelled at that level, and several who played professionally, and a few who made the big leagues, and one who is in the Hall of Fame. From what I have seen in terms of athleticism and quickness, I am certain there are some softball players who, if they were to have played baseball since they were a child, would be good enough to have played at the division one college baseball level back then. At a minimum. Again, grain of salt as it has been a long time and players are very likely bigger, stronger and faster than they were back then. But I have seen some incredible stuff from some freakishly athletic females. The pitching they face is the equivilent of a 100+ MPH fastball. The game of softball is much faster than baseball due to the small field. The quickness on display is amazing.

I do not think that you could take someone who has played softball all her life and throw her onto a baseball field. That would be completely unfair. But if one of the top, most athletic softball players had instead grown up playing baseball, I have little doubt that there would be females in the minor leagues.

Tom C

Last edited by btcarfagno; 09-23-2016 at 02:19 PM.