View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:09 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
No creativity in it, but I am mostly done with the NFL's own 100 list that it put out fairly recently. It's fairly inclusive as to earlier decades and pretty evenly distributed across positions, so probably in some respects isn't going to line up with other such lists which are more QB heavy, but it's still a nice list IMO. My biggest quibble with it is Dutch Clark over Nagurski.
I am not degrading Bronco, but I think Clark was far more skilled as a leader and a nimble runner. Nagurski relied on his size and Christian Okoye line hammering. Amazing tackler however, it’s damn close in the end.

Just personal opinion (and a Detroit bias, lol).

I don’t hate the list but it’s just ok. I think almost more so than any sport, and because of the ample rule changes, football is the hardest to compare players of different eras. They just just are not interchangeable at all.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.