View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 11:38 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1966

Good afternoon on this cold Maryland Sunday! This week (as promised) I will provide a list of items on the 1966 slots on Brooks' master. Starting at the left is the 1966 Topps Rub-Offs. This is example is one of 11 GEM (PSA 10). The rub-off came in the Topps Wax Pack; 120 total with 23 hall of famers. Next is the Topps PSA 9 regular card of Brooks. There are 36 PSA 9s and only 1 PSA 10. This card is not cheap but a lower grade is very affordable. I had aspirations of "winning" the PSA 10 at auction but bowed out early. It ultimately sold for $27K or so plus the buyers premium. I like the 1966 Topps set but not that much! The 1966 Orioles Team card is one of 33 PSA 9s. Nothing really special. The 1966 Topps Venezuelan Orioles Team card is a mid-grade (PSA 5) with 5 graded higher. Any Venezuelan card is hard to come by let a lone a PSA 5 so I was very pleased with this affordable find. The Remaining cards are the Bazookas (some of my favorite). The complete box is not so hard to find but they are pricy. This box is a PSA 5. Finding a higher grade is difficult. There are 3 other PSA 5s and as many as 2 graded higher. There are 16 different 3 player panels in 1966. The 1966 and 1967 Bazooka Boxes with Brooks are different but when you cut them down to a panel or single hand cut card they appear to be the same (same players and same numbers on the front of the two boxes but the 1966 Box has Koufax on the back and the 1967 has Mantle). The Bazooka Panel you will notice is graded as 1966/67 because you cannot differentiate between the 66 and 67 panels once cut away from the box. This one is a PSA 9 and has two peers and highest graded. The 1966/67 Brooks hand cut individual card has four peers and highest graded. Anything Bazooka is expensive, which holds true with all of these. You will be happy to know that "no" Bazookas were damaged to satisfy my ego or PSA master rating! The 1966 Brooks Master is fairly limited. You will be excited to know that the 1967 Master for Brooks has 18 entries with a lot of variety.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1966 Brooks Master.jpg (77.6 KB, 142 views)