View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
If "most collectors" have never heard of Jim Stinson or Richard Simon its likely they have not been in this game too long. Pop quiz
1) Who were the original 4 consultants for PSA ?
2) Who was the consultant with the LEAST experience ?
3) Which consultant was a guest at Jim Stinson's wedding ? hint its the answer to #2
4) Is it important to you that the item have a COA or is REAL ?
and lastly if you think a COA is going to sell the item for you, REAL collectors ...REAL authenticators like the members who read this board are FAR smarter and informed than you think
I'm not an old school collector so most of those questions i couldn't answer. I've only been collecting autographs for 15 years. I am a member of 5 different hobby boards and when myself or someone else lists an autograph for sale, the first thing always asked is if it has a PSA/DNA or JSA cert, with the exception being on SCN where people trust my opinion and my money back guarantee. It helps that SCN is an actual autograph website with experienced collectors, where as the other sites are more on the card side. Like I said before, I only submit the items I want to sell to get authenticated, unless I'm listing them on SCN, but even then I still can't fully price on it compared to if it came with a cert.

I buy autographs all the time without certs. Heck I don't even own an autograph with a certificate, except for a few pack pulled autographs. I buy all my autographs on ebay and know they are the real deal.