View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Ebay help needed please

I need to know how to reach someone at ebay by phone, asap.

My problems began Monday early morning, when I went to print some invoices and shipping labels so I could send out cards to winners. The program at one point stopped and directed me to a new page, with official looking ebay logos and such, but with somewhat poor english asking me to enter all of my personal and financial information again, allegedly to stop fraudsters. I was asked to enter "as more information as possible", and they wanted everything--mom's maiden name, SSN, ATM pin numbers, etc. No way were tey getting that from me.

Within two hours my computer was completely unusable--each file opened was met with a warning that the file was infected and the command could not be executed. I was invited to install some anti-virus program that would stop these "attacks', which of course I declined as I was certain that WAS the virus. Couldn't open emial, the wireless was shot down, the printer, and I could not even turn off the computer without simply cutting the power.

Fast forward to yesterday, a whole week shot with no computer and 11 hours on the phone or in front of the screen trying to clean the problem, along with several hundred dollars in tech support. Up and running again, and I see some emails from ebay buyers wondering where their cards are. I respond to one this evening and get redirected to, you guessed it, the same damn "ebay" page requesting all of my personal info again. I CAN'T LOG IN
I'm afraid the virus is back, and if not the totally destructive one, at least the one that prevents me from accessing ebay. I need to reach these buyers and let them know that I cannot access their address info to send out cards at the moment, as well as apologize for the delay. Any help appreciated. The sooner the better, as I surely hope that the new McAfee prevents the rest of the attack that rendered my machine useless in a matter of hours.