View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Default Collecting One player only

Posted By: Jerry Rucker

This may sound stupid but I have been conteplating (SP?) changing my Collecting focus for awhile now. I'm thinking of just collecting one player, my favorite player. I've never run across anybody that collects this way but I'm sure there are some that do.
I know it can be very limiting but I'm 59 yrs old and there is enough cards of this player to keep me occupied for the rest of my life. If I decide to change I will have to sell my entire collection and just go after some of the rare stuff first because I don't have alot of disposable income, being retired.
By now your probally wondering who the player is, well it's Matty. He has always been my favorite player and I could be happy just collecting him. The fun of this hobby for me is the fun of the chase and hunting down some of his rare cards should fullfill that aspect.
I may not even have enough stuff in my modest collection to even undertake this venture and I'm not 100% sure yet that I want too. I'm just throwing the idea out to get some pros and cons from other collectors. The limiting aspect does not bother me, it's the financial aspect that has me worried. I do have a nice Toy collection also that I could liquidate.
Give me your thoughs,
My Cards and toys
http://imageevent.com/ruckers