View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default S81 "Pillowcase" - Information sought!

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I did some checking on these premiums and wanted to add:

It took anywhere from 10 - 25 coupons to get a T3 or T9 depending on the cigarette coupon. Turkey Red only took 10 coupons, while it took 25 coupons from Fez and Old Mill. I'm not positive these were part of the original offer or not, but they are closely related. There are subjects that can be found in the L1 and S81 set that cannot be found in a corresponding T3 and vice versa.

The S81 baseball silks took 25 coupons and I believe came in 2 different sizes - 5 X 7" and 7 X 9". Also desirable in this medium are the S76 generals, and the S106 Tales of the Turkish Trophies Kink series and were all part of the same offer.

L1 baseball leathers took 50 coupons, measure about 10 X 12" and command big bucks when found in nice shape. People had a habit of tacking these up on a wall and consequently are often found with holes in them. Also part of this medium are the L2 college mascots, L3 national flags, L4 generals (sister to the S76s), L5 Hamilton King girls, L7 Indians, L8 actresses, and L9 Kink series (sister to S106 set).

The S110s were produced for several of the above series and usually pictured several of the larger silk examples including the indians, generals, flowers, baseball players, actors and actresses (called the signature silk I believe), rulers, flags, etc etc. The S110s took 150 coupons to acquire and were shipped from the company in a tube.

I've also seen hat bands, the silks in a factory frame, and large leathers (36" high or so) although I'm not sure if these were a premium or store display.

Bottom line, very nice looking silk, rare, and desirable. Keith