View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 04:37 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Joe, first, the OP states the Ruth could easily surpass $8mm- zero chance. Second, the one in ML was a sporting news back and the 7 is a blank, the former being significantly more desirable; at worst a blank back 7 is equal to a sporting news back 6 (just under $1mm for a soiled one). I agree with Jesse, if you are putting the over/under at $2.9mm, I am betting the house on the under. The card will go for a lot of money, and no doubt set a record for a blank back 7, but I am capping it at $1.5mm and think it goes south of that. I would have no problem being wrong. We will see
What surprised me the most upon seeing this listing was the $4M estimated value, which suggests either the consignor doesn't care if it sells or he/she is into the card for a lot of money. It is a gorgeous card, though it does have a print line which might turn some people off. I agree with the assessment that the sporting news back in the one ML recently sold compensates to at least some degree for the lower numerical grade. If I'm a betting man, and if the reserve is some very high level as I suspect it is, I do not think the card will sell. If it does sell, I can't imagine how high a BN Ruth could potentially go.