View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 05:25 PM

Default Two things I would love to see...

Thanks Darren for the picture of the half sheet of the 5th series. Beautiful work as always.

I'd love to see the other half sheet--anyone out there--and a close up in particular of the checklist cards.

This series numbers 371 to 446 which is 76 cards. Add in the previous check list for this series--Checklist 5th series card is 361--and you get 77 distinct cards. The 6th check list is card 437.

This half sheet therefore holds all the 77 unique cards in 7 rows plus 5 extra rows at the bottom.

I would think the other half sheet would have all 77 cards as well, plus 5 extra rows.

If those 5 rows on the second sheet included the 2 that were only seen once in the other half, then we should have 3 extra rows of cards for the two half sheets, and 4 rows that are only printed three times.

Sheet A: 77 cards once, 55 cards printed twice
Sheet B: (assumption): 77 cards done once, 5 rows duplicated that would include the 2 only printed once on A and then 3 extra rows.

Final count: 4 rows x 11 cards x 3 times each=132 cards
3 rows x 11 cards x 4 times each=132 cards
That makes up 264 for the full sheet.

If that is correct, then would be looking at 33 cards that are 33% more common, with a 4:3 ratio? A different way of looking at it.

Without seeing the other half sheet I don't think we have enough data here. If the other half sheet shorted the same 2 rows, then we would be looking at 22 short cards. That would be 5 rows x 11 cards x 4 times= 220 cards and 2 rows x 11 cards x 2 times=44 cards for the 264 total.

Thoughts?

Carlton