View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 08:22 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskim View Post
Come on guys!... pls don't flop this thread to against Mr. Lew Lipset. Lew is one of the legend!
Chris,

I'm going to guess that most people making comments about Lew's grading and auction lot description accuracy are not trying to "dis" Lew. Most of us have the utmost respect for him. I continued to bid on items in his auctions even though I've won lots in the past that were "generously" graded and in one case a complete set that was missing 6 cards (out of a set with less than 200 cards - none of the missing cards were key cards).

Lew has contributed so much to the hobby that a lot of us just let it go. Besides, if we really were that aghast of his lot descriptions, we could easily just not bid on things. As for being grumpy, I can see it, but he always seemed willing to spend a little time on the phone (as long it wasn't in the middle of the last day of an auction) to go over questions people would have.

It'd be interesting to know when hobbyists believe the hobby just turned to crap and was more about the Benjamins.

That auction description was such a cool start of a thread - brought back some fun memories.